Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fallout 3 Mod! "Radiotown"

The name of my mod is Radiotown because it is located at the WKML Radio station. While I ventured out in the Wastelands of Fallout 3, I asked myself, “If I could set up a village anywhere, where would I place it?” Radiotown is my answer.

Near Radiotown is a church that is decimated. Behind Radiotown is a hidden bunker via a sewage tunnel cap. Also near Radiotown is a set of houses that are overrun by Super Mutants. When the hero first arrives to Radiotown, it is abandoned. Inside the WKML Radio station is a computer with a note written on it (see photo 2 and 3). The note says that someone tried to set up a town but it failed and everyone died. There is a grave site in the village (see photo 1) that holds two of the former Radiotown resident's bodies. Three houses lie below the Radio tower, along with some shacks for cheaper living. A source of water can also be found within the fences of Radiotown.

My vision for this mod would be to set up a series quest that links the two villages together and exterminates the Super Mutants. One would be able to see the impact they have on the village and eventually become leader of the village. The church that is nearby could eventually be cleaned up and restored. The fences also need repair. People could then be recruited from other villages and used for construction of the city.

The lesson I learned from Fallout 3's GECK was to be super careful with everything I do. Messing with aspects of the GECK can be fun but not when it messes up the entire project and I have to research online for hours to fix it. The GECK made me even more articulate than I already was.

Screenshots:


Layout
















No comments:

Post a Comment