Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Unreal Tournament 3 Mod!

This level consists of three small rooms and one big room that stretches around in a big L shape. The weapons included are the Rocket Launcher, the Sniper Rifle, the Flak Cannon, the Shock Rifle, Bio Rifle, and the Link Cannon. Armor can be found in a tunnel that passes underneath the level and connects to another room. The player can jump out of the tunnel with a jump pad.

What I wanted to do with this level is create an intense level for quick combat with added height dynamics. Those height dynamics are the tunnel, the ramps, and the sniper spot. I did not want a level that was all on the same level and the player knew where the enemies were coming from.

The main lesson I learned from building in the Unreal Engine 3 was balance. I had to make sure powerups, weapons, and health were balanced across the level for it to be fun. It was a blast playing out my level after each stage of the process, adding bots, and killing them. The gameplay worked like any level from UT3 and I felt great when it was done.


Screenshots:








No comments:

Post a Comment